Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Anxious

Hi!  I am a little anxious since I am headed to the dentist in about a half an hour.  So the best therapy?  Blogging:)  I suppose you think, "Why?  She never has that much to say!"  Well, it is not so much the saying as it is the writing and the reading and seeing what I am actually thinking.  That is what stopped me from writing all of those years ago after my son died.  I could see how really sad I was and I didn't like seeing...and frankly couldn't cope with it.  So I did a lot of other things to try to just "get through it."  I have learned since that it isn't something you get through.  It is something you learn to accept and go forward...even when it is really painful.  And at times it still is very painful.
So today I figured out a curious thing....I am half way through this summer semester...or at least my first class.  It has been 2 1/2 weeks already!  So 2 1/2 more before it is over.  That is incredible to me.  Then I will start another 5 week class.  This one will be the second half of foundational art.  I have to take it before I can take any upper division art classes.  The teacher is the same one I had for photography and for the first half of foundational art.  So I think it will be fun, since I get along with him well.  I just hope it doesn't get too busy.  I am glad it is one class at a time.
Well, what else can I tell you of little consequence?  I am baking a cake.  A banana cake...from scratch.  I had some very ripe bananas to use up.  And I love making this particular cake because it reminds me of my Grandma Phillips.  She was an excellent baker.  And her cakes were out of this world.  I particularly liked her banana cake...although this isn't her recipe:(  Those got lost when she died.  Probably most of them were in her head anyway.
Well, I have successfully blogged through my anxiety.  Hope your day is going well!  Take care.  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I really like your post today. I too think writing can be such a good activity to relieve stress. I know that I love writing in my journal for that very reason. So many times when I have had a struggle; it has helped to put it down on paper. I also think that your art work will feed your soul, also.
Blessings to you!