Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yeah, yeah

Pont du Gard
So here it is. I finally got the gadget to work that uploads pictures.  Isn't this remarkable? I really like it.  Today our lecture was on more of the Roman period.  Those emperors were really rascals!  Luckily we don't have to dwell on the nasty particulars of what actually went on in the Coliseum.  We just looked at the barrel vaults, and such.  I like that our teacher said, "When you plan your trip for Rome, be sure to give yourself at least a week to see things."  It is kind of fun to think like that.  Today I am thinking, "When I plan my next trip it will be to Boise...for class:)"  It is about a 45 minute commute, and I do get tired of it sometimes.  It helps to have a fun little car.  I play a game with myself, trying to see how good of gas mileage I can get.  There is a little gauge that tells me.  I have found if I use cruise control that my mileage is not as good.  But that if I am careful I can get it up to 42 miles per gallon on the freeway!  Not bad for a Honda.   Remember the first Hondas, how cheap they were?  And they were built cheap too I think.  Now they are pretty reliable.  I am really liking mine!
Well, I didn't intend to write much.  Mostly just putting up a visual:)  I'm getting pretty good at the new age lingo!  Something I've noticed my teacher says a lot is , "Yeah, yeah!"  really quick, like a cartoon character or something.  I suppose it could be some kind of electronic influence coming into the language.  I can remember my 8th grade English teacher drilling us on how to say, "Yes" properly.  No yeahs allowed!  I must be in a talkative mood.  I keep adding stuff:)  Hope your day is going swell!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Wishing for you a great day also. I always enjoy reading your thoughts and I loved the picture.
Blessings to you!