Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Day of Gladness

Hello and happy Sabbath!  It has been a good day here in Melodyland today.  It started off going to sacrament meeting to hear our daughter Kim give a beautiful talk on forgiving yourself.  It really was wonderful to hear her so happy and in a good place.  There was a young boy....probably 12, that gave the youth talk before her.  He spoke about repentance.  And it was so refreshing to hear him speak.  He didn't say much except that why wouldn't we want to repent when we have done something wrong?  Wouldn't we want to stay close to the Savior?  It really was very straightforward and innocent.  The Bishop's wife also spoke.  Her topic was forgiving others.
Then we rushed home to put a roast in the oven.  After which we went to our own ward's sacrament meeting....which was also on repentance....and also very good.  Then Sunday school was about Nephi and his vision of his own posterity....Nephi 12 and 13.  It was pretty interesting...all about pride and repentance.  We have a really good teacher in that class.  And then in Relief Society we had a lesson on repentance also.  So I guess someone is trying to tell me something:)  And all of us really.  The message of the gospel is after all, repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.  And I am so very glad that it is.  I cannot adequately express how much I love the Savior.  I know that He loves me, and has given His life for me.  And most importantly He has allowed me a way to be forgiven through His Great Atonement.  I am so very grateful for that.  I just hope I can live better each day as I continue to repent and grow stronger in doing what is right.  I think I am better than I was:)  But I still have a long road to go to learn to be like my oldest brother.
Right now I am smelling the leg of lamb that is in the oven.  Mmmmm!  I bought this and froze it before Christmas.  So it feels like I am cooking a frozen treat:)  Kim and kids and Liz and her family are expected to arrive soon.  Should be a fun family dinner.
I hope your Sabbath is filled with good smells and good people!  Take care out there in cyberspace!!!  I am still pulling for you!  We're all in this together!  HAVVVVGW!!!  Melody

No comments: