Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Night Song

Good evening!  I feel a little overwhelmed today, just too much to do in the time I have to do it.  I still have to charcoal in three drawings before class tomorrow afternoon.  I have the scenes penciled in, but the decisions of light and shadow are still to be made.
I did a really courageous thing today, at least for me.  I hate to tell you about it, because if I do badly I will have to fess up.  I entered the Emergent artist juried exhibition.  It's the first juried art thing I have ever entered.  I entered three pieces...my quiet knife, my giant squid, and the painting of His Eye is on the Sparrow.  It can be any medium in any discipline.  There is a juror coming from out of state to judge it all.  I will know on Monday if I made the cut.  I figure I have nothing to lose unless I never enter one of these things.  So I bravely marched my work over to the Visual Arts Gallery today.  I know it is a little thing, but it was hard to do.  One giant step for me, one little itsy bitsy step for mankind:)
Well, time is marching onward and I have to get with the program.  Charcoal pencils, sticks and conte crayon....here I come!  Take care out there in cyberspace!  And have a wonderful evening!  Melody


No comments: