Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ride 'em in, Let 'em out, Cut 'em out, Ride 'em in :)

Good evening!  Finally!  I haven't had a moment today to hop on a computer and blog.  And I need to blog!!!  So here goes.  My fingertips are sore from drawing class today.  We are working on our huge drawings and they are in charcoal, sooooo my fingers are sore from "blending, blending, blending.  Keep those fingers blending, Though you'll wish it's ending...raw hide:)" It's a long class...from 1:40 to 4:10.  By the end of class I was really tired.  But I like the way my picture is coming.  It is starting to look like something.  And I like the other students in my class.  Actually in all my classes.  I have been lucky this semester to be with pretty talented people....and nice too.
In my sculpture class we had to hand in a paper.  I didn't think it was going to be any big deal so I didn't work too hard on it.  But I was wrong!  The teacher said it was worth 30 points and would be factored into our grade.  Oops!  Then he started going through the papers one at a time and talking to each student about why he was giving them the grade he was giving them.  It was kind of awful, talking right out loud in class while the rest of us were working on our sculptures.  He was really grading people hard too, so I was really dreading having to go up and hear how bad my paper was.  When he called my name I went up and immediately started making excuses of why I hadn't done a longer paper, and how next time I would do much better, etc.  He said something like, "hey, you did fine.  I docked you three points is all.  So you got a ninety percent!"  I really was surprised!  Thank you BYU and all of my wonderful English professors who drilled it into me how to write an essay.  I guess I do know a little about how to write....although you might not know it from this silly blog.
So tonight I have to draw a few frog parades for my illustration class:)  He liked my thumbnail of a bunch of frogs hopping by last class.  And I also have to come up with a meaningful sketch for my painting class so I can start painting tomorrow.  I do have a few good ideas conceptually, but I can't figure out how to depict the ideas in a new and interesting way.  Sigh!  I have to come up with something tonight!
Well, I hope you have had a most wonderful day out there in cyberspace.  And that you have a more wonderful evening!  Take care!!  I'm still pulling for you!  HAVVVVGE!!!  Melody

No comments: