Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Another Failed Attempt (Success must be right around the corner!)

Good morning!   And Happy Valentine's Day!  I am up and ready to face today's challenges, and yes it should prove to be challenging.  I am supposed to come up with some autobiography in wood....not carved, which I think might be easier, but what do I know?  Anyway, I will come up with something.  Then I have a break before the drawing of the ship in my house is due.  So I will go in there and try not to ruin it:)  Bob Fagan used to say when you hear yourself saying, "I'm just going to fix this one thing" that you should stop before you ruin everything.  I think he may have a point.  I was painting my illustration last night and I did that very thing.  It was looking pretty good and I thought "I'll just try this color here on the neck..."  Bad idea.  The color was wrong, way too dark, and I couldn't erase it with water or paper towels or even tears!  Sooooo...after class I am going to attempt it again.  But this time I will use watercolor and save the acrylic for practice sessions for a while.  I just don't have time to goof this up since it is due tomorrow morning.  And that is one of the problems of school...that everything is so rushed.  But I suppose that is also true when you are trying to meet deadlines in work.  I know that is true for Mel in his work.
      I had a frustrating dream about pancakes earlier.  It was one of those dreams where you want something (pancakes), but no matter how hard you try you never quite get them, or in this dream I did finally get them, but they were cold:)  I guess I am missing pancakes on my current diet.  Or maybe it is the sweet syrup.  Actually sweet things are not calling to me anymore....kind of amazing for me.  In fact I don't crave foods the way I used to.  I think it really helps not to eat sugar.  Am I boring you yet?
     So here is an interesting thing.  Did you know that Victor Hugo, the author of Les Miserables, was also a great artist?  I didn't until yesterday.  His work is amazing!  I love his writing, and now I love his artwork!
     So I am wishing you all the best today...and smiling as I do.  Take care out there in cyberspace!  I'm still pulling for you!  We're all in this together!  HAVVVVVVGW!!!  I mean that!  Melody

No comments: