Sunday, February 12, 2012

Beautiful Day of Peace and Rest

Good Sabbath!  I am excited and nervous for today's lesson.  It really is a good lesson about the Savior and His love for us.  Sooooo...I have my handout ready.  Check!
The pictures I am going to use ready.  Check!  And my basket with Dove chocolates also ready:)  Check!  I guess it is a bit of a tradition in our Relief Society to pass out chocolates.  I hope we don't get in trouble for this:)  But it does seem to help warm up the audience:)  I keep reminding myself that these women are my friends...but somehow having them all looking at me and waiting for what I will say next really unnerves me.  So I have a list of questions, and hopefully they will do most of the teaching today.  I know I learn more when I am involved in answering questions.  And also when I hear other sisters' experiences.  I hope we can have the Spirit there to really do the teaching!
I also wanted to share some of my ideas for my next painting...because my next painting is going to be about beauty and movement and awe....at least I hope that is what comes across.  Anyway, I really like these photos I pulled off of the web and thought you might also enjoy them!
Well, here's hoping for a wonderful Sabbath for all of us!  Take care and HAVVVVVVVGS!!!  Melody


This one is painted by Winslow Homer


This one is painted by Turner

Another Winslow Homer (he is one of my favorites)

No comments: