Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Carol to My King

Good Sabbath!  It is sunny and bright here.  And there is sunshine in my soul!  I love that song...  on so many levels.  The line that goes, "When Jesus shows His smiling face" makes me think of a smile on one of my grandchildren's faces....sweet Josephine!  And giggly Naia, and sassy Elle....and endearing Hailey....and charming Alyssa...and gorgeous Madeline...and beautiful Cassie and  amazing Shelese....and I can't forget happy Rachel!  And I mustn't forget sweet Amanda or lovely Sarah!  My eleven wonderful granddaughters!  They form a circle of love and sweetness in my mind.  And then I have 16 grandsons!  I always wanted more sons, and I think of their noble characters and I am smiling in my soul today.  How very blessed I feel.  And I am so glad I listened forty two years ago to President Benson when he encouraged couples to have as many children as they were able.  I have never regretted that decision, or resented that counsel.  Of course we have had to pass by many of the luxuries in life, but now that I am at an age where I am sorting and tossing, I am glad that we passed those by.
So I guess I am back to counting blessings again.  They just seem to pile up:)  I am most grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and for His atoning sacrifice, that makes it possible for me to repent and change.  I hope I am doing a good job of that:)  It would help if I could stop making mistakes in the first place.  Sigh!  And I am so grateful for Mel, my sweetheart for 42 years now.  We met in December of 1969, a month after my 20th birthday.  I remember it was like meeting an old and dear friend the first time we ever talked.  That first evening I told my roommate he was the kind of man I had always wanted to marry.  She thought I was nuts of course. She wondered how I could know that after only talking with him for a little bit.  I felt like we had always known each other.  It was a wonderful thing....and it still is.
And I continue to be grateful for challenges.  I don't always feel grateful when I am faced with them and struggling with them, but I know they are the things that make me grow stronger.  And no, I don't need anymore just now, thank you:)
Well, I guess I had better get going.  We have choir practice this morning.  I hope you have a most peaceful, happy day out there in cyberspace.  Keep smiling!  I am most definitely smiling from this side! HAVVVVVVVGS!!!  Melody

No comments: