Friday, February 17, 2012

Gratulálok

Good evening!   It has been a good day today.  I had fun going to the different paint stores in town and looking at the different colors in the "oops" pile.  So far I have white and gray and light blue and a kind of Prussian blue and an orangey browney color they label "brick orange".  I will look in Boise next, probably tomorrow.  I am getting kind of excited about dropping painted rocks onto some surface....I think it will be a piece of painted plywood.  I am just worried at how heavy wood is.  Somehow I will have to get whatever surface into the classroom.  Maybe canvas would work better on a frame.  Hmmmm...
The other task at hand is still figuring out Half Dome.  I wouldn't worry so much if I was the one constructing it.  I hate to make a lot of work for one of my classmates though.  And it will be a lot of layers the way I have it designed so far.  I am trying to modify it somehow, so that it still looks like Half Dome, but not so complicated.  I want to be able to look my classmates in the eye when this assignment is over:)  But I also want to do my best.  Sort of a quandary I guess.
Did I mention that in illustration we are supposed to make a poster next?   Yep, and I think it is supposed to end up being digital.  I hope I heard that wrong:)  But I think that is what the teacher said.  It's funny how all of a sudden I am noticing every poster I walk or drive by.  There are a lot of them.  I guess I didn't really notice before this assignment.
Well I don't really have much interesting to share....except the sign downtown:)  "Fungi - the life of the party".  I laughed out loud when I got that one.  The other side was funny too, but I forget what it said.  Maybe tomorrow:)  So have a good date night!  We watched a movie I rented...not very good.  It was called "Bed and Breakfast" and I would give it a two thumbs way down!!!  Although there were some pretty scenes of the Napa Valley....at least it looked like it was taken there.  I love when they show scenery that looks familiar in movies!  There was a lot of Portuguese in the movie.  But the subtitles went so fast we had to keep pausing it.  I don't think we have ever had to do that before.  Maybe Portuguese is a fast language.  I don't know.  Anyway, I will sign off now.  GW!!!!!!!  Melody

No comments: