Thursday, February 2, 2012

Gut Wan!!!!

Good evening!   It has been a gut wan today:) At least I think so.  I had a great critique in my sculpture class.  But it was a little weird.  Usually the critiques are done by the students, and maybe the teacher will comment a little if the critiques are way off or something.  And students are generally nice to each other, even when they are saying something harsh...well, there are a few exceptions, of course.  But today was the opposite.  The teacher kind of tore into each sculpture, making comments like, "Not much time or effort went into this one."   I was really surprised, and scared for my turn.  And then he only said good things, which made me feel a little weird, because I think it wasn't a whole lot better than anyone else's.  I came out of there feeling good for me, but bad for those who received harsh comments.  I guess it is going to be a hard class.  But maybe that is his tactic to get students to work harder.  Sigh!
I think my drawing for drawing class is fun....but hard.  It is so big, and it makes me physically tired to work on it.  I told that to my teacher in there and he said that he had a college professor who had said that if you weren't sweating when you did art, that you weren't doing it right:)  Kinda funny.  I guess I am not doing it right yet:) I don't sweat, but I did get a backache:) I was going to take a picture but I forgot.  I am going to go in and work on it tomorrow so I will take a picture then.
I just watched a wonderful video...The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore.  I really enjoyed it:)  I can see why it has been nominated for an academy award.  I think I will refer my illustration teacher to it.  It really was fun.  Here is the link if you are interested in watching it.  video
Right now I am listening to an interview of Maurice Sendak by Terri Gross on npr.  It is required for my class:)  It is a twenty minute interview, but very different from the irreverent one by Steven Colbert.  It is emotional and touching and sad.  Here is the link....just in case you are interested:)  Sendak
Well, I think I need to say, YAY!  And I hope you have a wonderful evening out there in cyberspace!  Take care and remember I am definitely still pulling for you!   Take care and HAVVVVGE!!!  Melody

No comments: