Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I'm Just Talking Silly Talk!

Good evening!  I sure had fun in my drawing class today.  We are studying processes, so I decided to try dipping rocks in paint and throwing them at the canvas:)  I had a pretty good mess when class was over.  Fortunately I had put a drop cloth down, so it was a quick cleanup.  Don't worry, it isn't done.  I have three weeks to keep at it.  Right now it looks a little like Jackson Pollock I think.  But I am going to put some lines in, in response to the paint.  I think I see a jelly fish in there somewhere:)  I really am having fun though.  This photo isn't great.  I had already put it up on the shelf and then I remembered I should get a photo.  So it was quick...and a little at an angle.  It is much better in real life:)
Sculpture went well.  I am feeling a little intimidated in that class, so I am very happy when I get through a class period and all is still well.  My teacher liked all of my hard work.  No one else in the class had made as much progress.  So I looked good:)
Tonight I should redo all of my drawings on the nice proper sized vellum I bought today.  But I hurt!  I think it is the wet weather, but both my knees and my shoulder are really sore.  It is tough getting old.  But I had a nice compliment today.  The topic of my age came up and I said I was 62.  The young man who was sitting across from me looked genuinely astonished and said, "You don't look a day over 40!"  The funny thing was he meant it.  And considering I am limping today, that really was nice.  But I think when you are only 20, 40 looks old.  So he may have just been being kind.
Well, I think I am going to run some really hot water in the jacuzzi and hide in there for a while.  Take care out there in cyberspace!  I am still pulling for you!!!  We're all in this together....(distant drums playing).  HAVVVVVGE!!!  Melody

No comments: