Monday, February 27, 2012

Manic Monday 2

Good evening!  I am home and feeling a little proud:)  Not really, but it sounds good.  I did get through school today, and not too badly either.  First off, I got to tell my teacher that the video I recommended we watch as a class, "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore", won in it's category of the best animated short.  That felt good as I did get a little razzing when he showed it to the class.  Also I did well on my thumbnail sketches for that class today.  I am going to do "Don Quixote" for my poster, so I think it will be kind of fun.  I was going to do a dancer doing some kind of fantastic leap or whatever, but a couple of my sketches were about windmills and ol' Don on his horse, and my teacher liked those better.  Does it seem like I am always bending my will to the whims of my teachers?  Yep!  I figure they have more experience and also a little more of an objective opinion.
In painting I got personal instruction on the bone structure and anatomy of the human skull.  I asked my teacher for help in painting a younger version of myself for the painting I am doing.  So he took about a half an hour giving me pointers and painting as he went...and staying after class to do it.  He really is a dedicated teacher.  I am amazed at his knowledge of all of the bones in the human body.  And I suppose if I am going to be any kind of a painter I had better start learning all of this myself.  He was so confident in where each bone edge was and how it formed the face.  I would like
to have that much confidence!  Of course, he didn't have a lot of time to make it look very much like me, but I learned so much watching how he used the paintbrush and shades of paint.  I stayed another hour after he left and tried to do what he had showed me before I forgot.  But I have a lot of practicing to do before I learn this.  Sigh!  Is there enough time to learn all I want to learn?  I don't know.  Maybe some of this will have to take place in the Millennium:)
So tonight I am doing homework and waiting for Mel to come in from the shop.  He is working his employees round the clock right now, trying to keep up with orders.  It is good, but it keeps him so busy.  I am feeling a little like it is a really good thing I am busy with school.  I might feel a little ignored if I wasn't:)
Well, I hope this finds you happy and well.  Take care out there in cyberspace!  I am really pulling hard for you!!!  We're all in this together....  insert picture of pot of boiling soup with cannibals grinning around the edge:)  Just kidding of course!  HAVVVVGFHE!!!  Melody
 

No comments: