Wednesday, February 29, 2012

More Leaps!

Hi again!  Here is a link that really makes me smile!!  And cry just a little.  I used to be able to do this...not so wonderfully, but I could.  But a caution...don't watch this if you don't like ballet.  My nephew Seth is in it a few times.  And don't turn it off too soon, run it til the red line is all the way to the end.  The last jumper is the most fun! Leaping!
Well, school was good.  Hard, but good.  I brought home my painting to work on it for the next couple of days before we head to Ogden.  I am feeling rather frustrated with it.  But at the end of class my teacher came over and talked to me about how to make it better.  He is such a good teacher!  I wish I was a better student.  I feel like today that I should just give it all up.  I am soooooo slow at learning!  But I think this is part of the way I learn.  I try something new and I stink at it.  Then I try it some more and really stink at it.  Then I start feeling like what's the use.  But if I don't give up eventually I start to get it a little.  And then a little more, and before too long I find I have mastered a little something.  But there are so many things to learn and today I feel very discouraged.
Yes, I know it is hard to do a self portrait.  And yes, I am still learning how to use paint temperature (which is what my teacher talked about with me today), but shouldn't it look a little bit like me?  Sigh!  I think I should be able to capture myself from 40 years ago without so much agony!  Oh well, I do like the faces in the background.  I feel like they pretty much look like who they are supposed to look like.  And I will learn this!!!!!!!!!
So have I ranted enough yet?  I hope so.  I need to not get so discouraged.  I am probably a little hungry.  I skipped lunch today.  So this is me, headed for the kitchen:)  I hope the next time I post this it will be better:)  Take care!  I will leap on in faith...nothing wavering!!!  HAVVVVGE!!!  Melody

No comments: