Sunday, February 5, 2012

Old and Faithful

Hi again!  I have been watching old videos...  my own of our vacation back East.  It made me think of an incident that happened when Mel and I were in Yellowstone.  We were standing by Old Faithful, waiting for the geyser to shoot up.  It wasn't very crowded... when a group of singers from a college in Bowling Green came to watch.  And as the geyser started in they sang, "God Bless America".  It was one of those amazing things that you feel lucky to have witnessed.  I guess I have had a few experiences like that.  Another time, it was Christmastime, I was sitting in the Joseph Smith memorial building waiting for Mel:)  And while I was sitting there a men's quartet came over and started singing to me and the people sitting around.  It was so unexpected and beautiful!  And another time I can remember going to a little bar in Honolulu before we went back home, where a musician we recognized was playing.  The crowd was really small and the musician came over and talked to us during the break.  It was another of those amazing things. The musician's name was Cecelio...from Cecelio and Kapono.  I still have the glass with his signature on it that our virgin chi chis came in:)  And another time, when we were in Reno, I was twelve I think, we went to a kid's show where Jerry Lewis was the entertainment:)  And then there was the time after stake conference in Oakland when I went up to shake an apostles's hand.  I don't even remember which one, only that his eyes were very blue and penetrating, and that I could feel through his handshake that he was kind.  There's more, but those stick out in my mind tonight.
I don't know why I have been thinking of these things.  Maybe because when I bore my testimony today it occurred to me how many experiences I have had in this life....many great, many not so great, most kind of ordinary.  But also how those experiences have shaped my life and thoughts.  And how grateful I am for the experiences I have had in this life.  How lucky I am to live in this time, with so many advantages, and with the gospel of Jesus Christ to bless my life.  I really am blessed!
So, that is what I wanted to share tonight.  How grateful I am!  In preparing my lesson for next week I have listened to the testimony of President George Albert Smith... it is on youtube!  What an inspiring man he was!  I am so grateful for his testimony of Jesus Christ.  And I would add my own....I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Well, I guess that is all....for now.  I don't know why I felt I needed to write this.  Oh well.  Take care!  Stay happy and keep smiling!  It is a wonderful life!!!  I'm still pulling for you!  HAVVVVGN!!!   Melody

No comments: