Monday, February 20, 2012

Rise and Shout!

Good morning!  I am finally up.  I think I am avoiding today just a little.  I have so much to do before school tomorrow!  But I can do this.  And it probably will not take me as long as I am anticipating.  In life I have found that sometimes anticipation is much worse than reality.  But then sometimes the opposite is true.  Oh well, I guess the best thing is just to start in.
I found this photo and it reminded me...:)
When I was young, one of my most hated chores was dishes!  We didn't have a dishwasher of course, so it was a longer chore than it is now.  My mom used to say the hardest part was getting your hands wet.  Of course, it took me a long time before I knew what she meant.  But I am glad she taught me that.  It has helped in tackling many things over the years.  In fact, this is much easier than being a mom.  I can do harder things than I am required to do today.  So that will be my motto today as I draw an in-scale drawing of Half Dome and all of the patterns for each ring of wood.  I should be enjoying this once I figure it out.  I found a cool sculpture online that will help quite a bit I think.  This is the link.  Half Dome
I also have to figure out what I am going to throw rocks at for my painting project.  I am leaning towards a stretched canvas, since it would be more portable than a long piece of wood.  And I have quite a bit of canvas left on this roll.
I had strange dreams again last night.  I woke up with a word in my head....hebeebsis I think.  I was reading it on a poster just before I woke up.  Just for fun I tried to translate it in google translator, but it still remains hebeebsis....maybe I am spelling it wrong:)  Dreams are such strange things.  Sometimes they make me feel better, but most of the time I wake up feeling a little frustrated...or tired:)  Last night in one of my dreams I was watching children again.  The nice thing was I was much younger...and my knee didn't bother me at all!  It does seem to be getting better slowly.  Mel commented that I look like I am walking better:)
Well, I guess I had better get on with things.  I hope you have a gladsome, cheery day out there in cyberspace today.  Keep smiling!  I am smiling from this side.  Life is grand!!  TTTL  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Enjoy reading on your next art projects. I would love to see more pictures of your works. My youngest daughter doesn't have a dishwasher so her children do the dishes. They are so fun to watch. I do hope your knee get's better. I am been having a slight pain on my knee; I know it would help me if I could drop some weight. Of course, that has been a life time goal.