Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday

Good morning!  I hope it is for you!  It is windy here...really windy.  I could hear the wind through the night.  So I am a little tired today.  But oh well.  I think this is part of the package of growing older.  At least it seems to be a common complaint among my peers...or is the new word peeps?  Or maybe I am just catching on to a word that has been around for a decade or more:)  However when I hear peeps I think of little marshmallow chicks, not compatriots.
Last night we played cards with some friends...not the gambling kind...just "hand and foot."  Isn't that an odd name for a card game?  It sounds a little like a disease.  And I am learning that it is a good thing I am not a professional card player:)  I just don't care enough about the games.  It is only a little strategy and a whole lot of luck....of which I am apparently lacking.  But it doesn't bother me in the least to lose a game of cards.  I feel bad for whoever is my partner, but other than that I have no remorse.  However....if it was scrabble....that's a whole different story.  I think it is good we don't play it much....because I really want to win at that game.  And perhaps it is the card games we play.  In high school, and later at BYU, I used to play pinochle, and I enjoyed it a lot.  Then later, after the invention of the internet, I played canasta.  But I think it was because of the little "hee, hee, hee" that sounded every time you made a good play:)  Sorry, I am off on silly stuff again.
Today I am going to paint!!  I am going over to the school and working on my oil painting.  I need to work on it when there are no distractions.  I would bring it home, but then I have a wet oil painting to worry about getting back on Monday.  So I will stick it out for a few hours at school.
I hope things are going well today in cyberspace.  Keep smiling.  Remember I'm still pulling for you!  And have a most wonderful, inspiring, and joyful day!!!  Melody

No comments: