Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Smiling and Singing and Dreaming

Good morning!  I have been up since 4, yes, a.m.  I woke up and couldn't fall back asleep because I kept thinking about what I am going to paint today.  But I did come up with an idea.  I don't know if I dreamed this one up or not:)  I think I am going to have a woman looking in the mirror, and instead of seeing herself, she will see bunches of faces looking back at her.  I am hoping it will represent how each of us is a composite of all of the people who have influenced us in our lives.  I am just not sure I can pull it off.  But I will give it the old college try:)  At least it is an idea.
Then I started thinking about the next painting I am going to be doing.  I think I have to have a written paper to hand in on that.  I am hoping it isn't due today, but it might be.  I can't find anything in the syllabus.   The teacher may have said when it is due, but I missed it if he did.  So I am planning to write something up before I leave for classes.  I am beginning to feel a little swamped!  It is like the drawing I am doing for my drawing class.  I don't think I said that I made the water come into the room, did I?  It was part of the assignment, to skew the perspective somehow.  It makes a good metaphor for the way I am feeling today.  I did get a couple of good sketches done for illustration class.  I hope the teacher thinks they are good:)  I wish that instead of four different creative ideas for each class, I could just combine them into one.  I am actually doing that a little.  I drew the frogs like I said I would.  But there was another thumbnail I did that my teacher had liked of a girl looking into the mirror and discovering she is growing horns on her head.  So I think that is where the woman looking into the mirror came from for my painting class...only instead of horns she is seeing people:)  I so want to say, "Dead people."  Because a lot of the people who have influenced me are dead.  But of course I was thinking of the Sixth Sense movie.
Do I sound a little sleep deprived?  I am.  And I get silly.  But also I get creative I think.  So maybe it will help today as I am beginning my painting...as long as I don't fall asleep in the paint!
So this was just supposed to be a short note to say hello and have a happy day.  I also get too talkative when I haven't gotten enough sleep.  I will have to be careful not to say something silly in classes today. I hope you have a marvelous day today out there in cyberspace land.  I'm still pulling for you!  We're all in this together!  Keep smiling!!!!  I am definitely smiling on this side.  HAVVVVGW!!!  Melody

No comments: