Monday, February 13, 2012

ZAP, POW, ZING!!!!

Hi again!  How's your day going?  Mine is turning out to be pretty good.  I went to my painting class expecting to be blasted out of the water for not doing enough, and it turns out I did just fine.  In fact better than fine.  I still do not have a clear vision of what my next painting will be, but I am closer after having a group critique.  It helps to hear other opinions about the direction you are going.  I wonder if Michelangelo ever got that kind of help:)  Or Rembrandt?  At least they must have gotten help when they were learning how to paint in the first place.  I wish I got a little more of that actually.
Now I am going to roll up my sleeves and whip out my illustration for Wednesday's class:)  I am going to try acrylics...one more time.  I hope I can get it right.  It is a little tricky for me.  I keep thinking it is watercolor....but of course it is not.  This method I am going to try is kind of like watercolor though.  The artists I am imitating are Sam Weber and Eric Fortune.  I would put a link to Sam Weber but his subject matter is not all great.  Probably true of Eric Fortune too.  But I like the method of using acrylic washes and then filling in with more intense color.  So I am going to get brave and try it on my simple illustration.  I hope I can pull it off.  Wish me luck!!!
Here's wishing you...a great rest of today.  It is half gone already!!  Aaaack!  I love writing that:)  It is sooooo expressive.  So are zap, pow, zing too, but so far I haven't found a use for them in my blog:)  I'll have to think on that for a while:)  So long!  Melody

No comments: