Friday, March 2, 2012

Beautiful Images

Good morning!  It's a beautiful, sunshiny day here today.  And I have work enough to do e're the sun goes down!  I have the laundry started, and the dishes done.  Now I am going to tackle my abstract paper for painting class that is due Monday.  It shouldn't be too hard, except I am still not sure what I want to paint.  It's funny, my teacher apologized last class period for not pushing us harder to get started on this second painting.  I don't feel like it's his fault at all!  But I do feel like I am a little burnt out on new and creative ideas.  It is hard to always be going in four different directions....sculpture, drawing, illustration and painting.  I think it would be less taxing if I had one project for all four classes....at least the idea for all four.  But that is not reality, and I do need to live in reality, sooooo....
After I get the paper written I am going to paint on my mirror painting.  I really want to try some of the things my teacher suggested.  And then I am going to print a bunch of Don Quixote images off of the internet to take with me to Ogden, so I can sketch in the car and over the weekend.
Picasso's version
My goal is to have at least 30 thumbnail sketches!  And then to pick one and take it a step further in developing it.  I think I am about in the same place as most of the class.   I just want to be ahead and feeling on top of this!  Perhaps if I put a poodle in a green camper truck:)  I doubt my teacher has read Travels with Charley though.
We watched Hugo last night on Pay per View.  I liked it a lot, but it was late and I am afraid I got distracted with feeling like I should be asleep:)  I really liked the clock works.  It was fun.  I like Martin Scorsesee's beautiful cinematography.  I think one of my favorites of all time is The Black Stallion.
 I watched that with Taylor probably twenty times or more...at least the first half, before the talking begins. I love the scenes with the boy and the horse on the island.  Taylor used to always hide his eyes when the snake started slithering through the sand.  It really is an amazing and beautiful film.
Well, I guess I had better get going!!  Have a lovely day today out in cyberspace!  Keep smiling!  I am smiling for sure!!!  Take care!!!!!!  And HAVVVVVVVGW!!!  Melody

No comments: