Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Done for Now!

Hi again! I think it is time to quit straining over this painting.  I have been working on my mirror painting today.  After watching that painting video I figured I could really make some great strides.  Instead I am taking little baby steps into things I am only beginning to understand.  Painting faces is really difficult!!!  But it is also very fun, and absorbing.  I am going to have to watch the video until I have it memorized, and then I will still not be where I can paint faces well.  But maybe I will be a teeny bit closer.  At least I hope so.  I think it will help to paint on something that is in better proportion than my mirror painting.  I think I will do that tomorrow.  I got all the supplies I need now.   But I am glad I worked on this painting today.  Each time I do I feel like I am approaching it a little bit better.  I guess I should share...but only a portion:)  And no, it still doesn't look like me, but at least it is starting to look a little human.  At least I hope so.
In a couple of weeks I may move some painting out to Mel's old shop.  He still has machinery out there now, but it will all be over at the new shop before long.  It will be nice to be able to set up oil paints and not worry about dripping on the carpet:)  And also to have enough elbow room:)  I just have so much going right now with all of the painting and drawing and it is beginning to feel a little claustrophobic in here.  Funny, I just had a flashback of when I said I would like to paint large murals like Minerva Teichert.  I still would like to paint like that....and I may still.  Who knows?  In the shop I would certainly have the space:)
It's funny, but sometimes I get so I wish I had never tackled this....it is so hard!!!  But most of the time I am very glad I did.  I think I just have to accept the fact that I may never really reach a point of perfection:)  And I suppose that is really OK.
Well, I guess I had better get back to it.  Although I am definitely done with the painting for today...I am tired!!!  But I think I will try to find tigers in interesting poses and little boys from India.  And maybe even a big bear that looks like Baloo:)  I really am enjoying reading "Jungle Book".  It is definitely a children's book, but then I kind of have a passion for those!  I hope things are going well for you today.  Keep smiling!!!  And HAVVVVVGE!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I think you are doing very well. I like the painting. I do know that faces are the hardest of all. I know my son who is a architect has mentioned how difficult it is to do faces. You should be very pleased. Blessings to you and keep on going in the art world; because I see talent there.