Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Home Sweet Home!

Good afternoon!  I feel like I need to write and let the world know that my world is feeling a little better today.  After a dark beginning I drove into school and worked on my research paper for my drawing class. It felt good to get a book on my artist.  Now I at least have a physical reference for my report.  We have to do a power point presentation and a paper.  I told the teacher I had never used power point before, and he told me it was an easy program....and I still don't know how to access it or how to use it....sigh!  Oh well.  I have all the way until a week from Thursday before I have to have it done.
In my painting class today I think I made major progress on my mirror painting.  I signed up to talk to my teacher first thing.  He is such a fabulous teacher.  Today he talked to me about how to mix paint to make a cooler flesh tone....and then went and got three different books to show me how other painters did what I am trying to do.  I told him I felt like such a beginner...and he said, "But that is a wonderful place to be!  You are learning something new each time you paint!"  He really does have such a marvelous attitude, and I always learn something from him.  It is so inspiring to have a teacher that really cares about your progress and is willing to teach you whatever you need to know.  I am so glad I am taking painting from him.  My illustration teacher is pretty good too.  And my drawing teacher.
So tonight I need to do homework.  I need to work on my Don Quixote poster.  I found a reference photo that should help to make the dancers look better.  And I think I have learned enough photoshop to be able to get good colors and textures.  But I really have no idea about fonts.  I had a stencil font on the mock up, and my teacher said that I needed something more like Bo something...and then went into all of these reasons why.  Then he said it would be great to take a few graphic arts classes, but that the department won't allow it....unless you are a graphic arts major.  So who knows?  Maybe I will major in that next:)
Well, I had better get drawing.  Oh, I almost forgot....Max is spending the night at the animal hospital.  I took him in this morning because I couldn't stop worrying about him and he was starting to get a strange smell....like infection.  It was a good thing I did.  The doctor found a laceration we had missed under all of his fur that was festering and pretty bad.  So he is on antibiotics and they are watching him tonight to be sure he is fine.  The doctor said that he may have been in another coyote fight or something...not a car wreck...although the only one who really knows is Max.  Anyway, I guess living in the country is hard on little dogs.
So I hope you have a good evening!  Take care and remember I'm still pulling for you!!!  We're all in this together!  HAVVVVVGN!!!!!  Melody
P.S.  This is a pretty cool video....if you like electric violins:)  Andrew Bird

No comments: