Friday, March 23, 2012

It's NeverToo Late! - I Hope!

Good evening!  I have been somewhat sidetracked today, trying to catch up on things.  I had a little fun with some new crayons I bought yesterday...$60(!) crayons.
This is the original photo I took in Oregon

This is the photo after photoshop and crayons.  It isn't finished.
They are called Conte crayons and they are kinda cool.  I bought a set with 48 colors I think.  It is like pastels only better.  Anyway I am very cautiously beginning my new drawing with them.  We are supposed to draw over a printout we did in class on the computer.  Yeah, more methodology, or process.  But it is good for me, since I have never done any of this before.  Some days I feel like I am back in elementary school learning how to use crayons for the first time.  Today was a day like that.  I like the way this sort of feels like an illustration.  I added a panther, a bear and a snake, thinking I would do something about Jungle Book.  I still don't know what.  I had originally thought I would put some children on the path, but it feels too dangerous to me.  So far I have put scared little beady eyes in the front left foreground.  This is the sort of stuff I love, but it also makes me a little crazy because I get so obsessed with the idea.  Oh well.  Maybe that will be a good thing some day:)  I do think this is fun.
Oh, I had another bad luck thing happen...not that I am keeping track...but I lost my debit card.  I know it is not a big deal, but it kind of is.  I guess it is more of an inconvenience.  I do not usually lose things, but every once in a while....  I even remember how I lost it.  I left it in an ATM machine at school.  So I ended up going over to campus today to see if anyone had turned it in.  But no one had so I had to cancel it.  Sigh!  It was good though, because I brought this drawing home so I wouldn't have to keep going back and forth to school all week to work on it.
And no, I have no wonderful stories or funny anecdotal happenings today.  But I can remember the sign downtown.  It just isn't too funny, and I think it is a repeat.   "Salt - something useful in a pinch."  It sounds familiar, huh?  And "Misfortune - well, do you?"  That one got a giggle out of me.  So I hope you have a good night!  I am headed for bed!!!  SD Melody

No comments: