Sunday, March 25, 2012

A little mariachi music

video
Good Sabbath morning!  It is supposed to reach the mid sixties today!  Maybe Spring is really here.  I am a little tired this morning.  First off we stayed up late listening and watching a mariachi band last night with my dad and Barb and my sister Diane and Rob.  It was really good!  They had four trumpets, six violins, and a guitar and bass guitar!  That is a lot, especially when squeezed into a small little restaurant.  But it was lots of fun.  Everyone in the band took a turn singing, and everyone had good voices!  Of course when you are singing in front of four trumpets you'd better learn to project!  I took a short video I will try to upload when I am through blogging.  One of the violin players came and sang to my dad.  It was sweet.  I wish I spoke Spanish!  But even without understanding the language I am pretty sure it was a sad love song.
The other thing I am very excited about is a video I downloaded....all through the night!  It is by Donato Giancola..."The Mechanic".  It is a five hour instructional video on his painting methods.  He is one of the most fantastic illustrators, and usually this video is $60, but they are having a special, so it was only $6.99.:)  But since it is such a long video it took more than forever to download, so I kept getting up to continue with the download so I could watch it later today.  Now I am thinking I will probably wait til tomorrow, but I am soooo excited to have it.  I am hoping I can learn some things watching it.  And also it will give me a good method for my illustration project that is due when school begins again.  We are supposed to imitate someone we admire, so this fits the bill....or the Bill, which is the name of my instructor:)  Anyway I am kind of excited about this.  I know...I am obsessing again.  But every little bit of instruction is so welcome!
Well, I am going to try to figure out how to upload a video onto here.  I hope you have a most wonderful day out there in cyberspace!!!  I'm still pulling for you!   HAVVVVVGW!!!  Melody

No comments: