Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday Evening's Post

Good evening!  I hope St Patrick's Day has been a joyful one for you.  And a big apology to all of you who thought you were finding an Irish site today, and instead ended up at my blog:)  I got 488 visits today:)  Most of them went to my blog titled "A Bit of the Irish".  So funny!
So I have accomplished so much today....but none of it painting.  But the laundry is mostly done, and the floors are vacuumed and I visited my dad who is back in town.  So for the rest of tonight I am going to throw paint at my 2'x4' canvas.  I think I am going to try to use it as the bottom of a huge wave....and use a 4'x4' canvas for the top and slant it forward just a little so it feels like it is rolling over you:)  Or not.  I am still working this one through in my mind.  My dad said, "Why don't you just paint a beautiful seascape?"  Good question.  I sure would rather paint beautiful seascapes.  But apparently that is not done in art classes anymore.  Don't ask me why because I still don't really understand.  But it has to do with post modernism and a whole lot of silliness that I really don't agree with.
So some funny stories:)  At my dad's....he and Barb were talking about how you notice things differently when you are old....like ants.  I said, "Well, I notice ants...how complicated they are."  He said, "Yes, but not only that....how do they know that something is chasing them?  Or do they get frightened?"  Mel piped in with, "Are you torturing ants again?"  That made me laugh.  It's fun to see my dad again.  I am glad he will be close for a few months.  He and Barb both own homes, so they go to her house near her family for a few months, and then they come here near our family for a few months.  It's a good arrangement, but they are both getting tired of it.  But so far neither one is willing to stay in one place for very long:)
Well, I guess I had better start painting.  I think I will start with a dark coat of blackish blue.  I sure wish I knew if this was a good idea.  Oh well.  I just have to have this painting started for Monday's class.  Take care out there in cyberspace!  I'm still pulling for you!!!  We're all in this together.  HAVVVVGN!!!  Melody

No comments: