Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sitting on my Tuffet

Good evening!  Well, it's almost evening here.  I am feeling kind of weird.  I was really excited because I finished my illustration project...you know the one where I pretend I am Donato Giancola:)  And I was feeling very good about it, and then I decided to fix the eye....bad move.  I think I have fixed it enough that it isn't too bad, but it is pretty hard to fix something so fussy.  Oh well, it will have to do for now, I am tired.  I do like little Miss Muffet despite her failings. I am just not sure how picky I need to be with this.  The thought of starting again is just too daunting.  Anyway, here it is.  I like it until I look too close:)
I hope I can just let it go now.  My teacher said we should pick a simple subject and try someone else's method and not worry about getting graded on it, cuz it was just for fun.  And I did have fun today trying to get it right.  It was nice to have a guide under the painting, but mine did not hold up as well as Donato's.  I think I will have to practice transferring another image because it was pretty washed out by the time I got it on the board.  Chalk it up to experience!  I do think practice would help this method a whole lot.  I will definitely try it some more.
Well, the sign changed downtown today.  Do you want both sides?  OK! The first side was..."Gardener -ooooh, I forget:) Some kind of a planner...plot planner? Maybe I can remember later...  and the other side...."Sailing - mast transit".  That one made me giggle.  Sorry my memory is so bad.  I think it is getting worse.  It's good I am in school I think so that I can keep making new pathways in my brain.  It is supposed to help ward off Alzheimer's!
Well, I guess that is all I have to write.  Here's wishing you sunlight, roses and good weather:)  And lots of smiling!!!  Take care and HAVVVVVVGE!!!!  Melody

No comments: