Monday, March 12, 2012

Zippity Do Da

Good afternoon!  I am still picking myself up after a couple of days of bad luck.  But things are looking up...my illustration teacher only had minor criticisms of my Don Quixote poster:)  And that is amazing!  And that is the good news:)
I wrote about the rest of this last night, but it sounded so depressing I quickly erased the post.  Things are fine, but last night I wasn't so sure.  Max, our little dog, got hit by a car yesterday.  He had a tough night, but he seems a little better today.  He must have gotten hit pretty bad because it is hard for him to move very much.  Yesterday he just laid around and it seemed difficult for him to even wag his tail.  Today he is able to get up to drink water and move around a bit.  But he makes me hurt just watching him.  I feel so bad!  We dressed his wounds, but they don't seem too serious.  I think mostly he is bruised.  Poor doggy!  I was feeling bad anyway, but this sort of sent me over the top.
The thing that got me feeling bad to begin with was the machine that Mel accidentally dropped on Friday.  He and a couple of neighbors were loading this big 5 ton machine onto a trailer because he is moving all of his equipment to an industrial space downtown.  I happened to be walking nearby when it fell and at first I was afraid it had fallen on someone.  Even though it didn't, that panicked, horrible, dreadful feeling stayed with me.  I kept worrying about it all day Saturday and Sunday, so when Max got hurt, my feelings really felt raw.  Anyway, I am fine, the dog will be fine, and we have insurance for the machine.  But I feel like I have been on an emotional roller coaster the last couple of days.  I wish I had more stable emotions.  Sigh!  I feel like such an old lady!
Well, I am thinking it is time for something a little light hearted...comic relief.  Soooo...did I tell you that Saturday when Liz came, she brought her three boys...the baby, Taylor and Gabe.  Taylor and Gabe had new glasses:)  Taylor was quite happy about it, but Gabe said, "Grandma, I have glasses now 'cuz my eyes don't see what they are supposed to see.  It is from sitting too close to the Xbox!"  I had to laugh at that.  I can remember being told I sat too close to the TV and it would ruin my eyesight.  But of course, you sit close because your vision is blurry to begin with.  It just sounded funny that it was no longer the TV that was causing this, but video games.
Well, I have quite a bit of homework....I am putting together my sculpture project.  I'll take a picture and post it later.  And I have to come up with something digital for my drawing class.  And I should edit papers for painting...and fix Don Quixote.  So I hope your luck is going better than mine.  Take care out there in cyberspace.  Life is wonderful!  And yes, I am trying to stay positive:)  HAVVVVGFHE!!!  Melody

No comments: