Sunday, April 1, 2012

Always Look on the Bright Side!

Good morning! Here is a quote from Elder M. Russell Ballard that I think is a good reminder for all women....and probably men too!
"Remember, sisters, we all have our own challenges to work out while passing the tests of mortality, and we probably often think ours are the most difficult. Recognize limitations; no one can do everything. When you have done the best you can, be satisfied and don’t look back and second-guess, wondering how you could have done more. Be at peace within yourselves. Rather than berate yourself for what you didn’t do, congratulate yourself for what you did."
I like that he says, "Be at peace within yourselves."  I am working on that.  Also to look on the bright side of things:)  I am having a difficult time sleeping lately, and so this morning I am not fighting it anymore.  I figure I will write a little, read a lot, and then maybe I will fall asleep...or not.  I had a great aunt that used to fall asleep whenever she would sit down for more than a moment, and I wonder now if she didn't have some difficulty sleeping at night also.  It seems that there are a lot of us wandering on the internet in the early morning hours:)  Anymore it seems to be my achey old body that is waking me up.  But I suppose that is just part of the territory now.
Well, I think I will read for a while...something not too interesting:)  Maybe this blog:)  I hope you are reading this much later than now!  I am looking forward to more talks from General Conference.  They have been wonderful so far...and challenging.  I always think how I can do better in so many ways!  But I will be careful to follow Elder Ballard's advice and stay positive!  I am smiling!  I hope things are smiley on your side of cyberspace today!  I'm still pulling for you!!!  Take care and remember how much the Lord loves you!!!  HAVVVVVGW!!!!  Melody

No comments: