Monday, April 2, 2012

Recap

Good evening!  Today has been a good day.  I got a pretty good critique in my illustration class....at least I wasn't told I paint like a third grader:)  Ha, ha!  I do, but anyway, I felt good at my attempt to try a new method.  My teacher said that there are those professionals that are extremely critical and would say things like you paint like a third grader, or that is just horrible, etc.  I told him I don't think I would survive that kind of a critique!  And he said most people wouldn't.  Anyway, he did say I could use some practice in doing oil paints, which of course is true.  But he applauded my effort. So I feel good about that.  In my oil painting class I started my big wave, and I really like it.  It just feels good to paint so big and to use ocean colors and it is very satisfying.  I would say it is the best therapy I have had so far! :)  And I decided today no matter what any teacher or other critic may say, I like it!!!!  I just wish I had taken a picture to share....and also to get a new perspective on it.  It is probably not quite as wonderful to look at as I feel like it is:)  But at this point I am just enjoying the feeling of painting a wave!!!  It is not quite as good as being at the beach...but almost!
Tonight we have our empty nesters' family home evening group.  It should be fun.  A couple we know is reporting on their mission to the Philippines.  They were there when my nephew was there so it should be fun to hear their experiences.  I know that it was a special time for them.
Well, I guess that is all.  I hope your day has gone well out there in cyberspace!  Take care and keep smiling!  We're all in this together!  HAVVVVVGFHE!!!!  Melody

No comments: