Sunday, April 28, 2013

Early Bird...no worms in sight!

Good morning!  It is still dark here...being as it's only 2 something in the morning.  I have a racing mind again, and a body that is so exhausted!  So I am drinking milk, reading facebook and reviewing my homework.  I figure it is better to just get up sometimes when I can't sleep.  I hope that being up my body will realize it really is tired and then I can go back to bed in a short while and slumber away.  It's a good theory anyway.
I love the Ladies No. 1 Detective Agency books, and so I am a fan of Alexander McCall Smith, the author.  He had a quote on facebook I really liked, so I will share it here.
“You can go through life and make new friends every year—every month practically—but there was never any substitute for those friendships of childhood that survive into adult years. Those are the ones in which we are bound to one another with hoops of steel.”  I like that.  I love the way he writes.  It is fun to follow him on facebook because he often will have a little bit of a story, or an interesting experience.  The other day he showed an outfit he had gotten for his daughter's wedding....plaid pants and a jacket with matching plaid lapels!  It has to do with his Scottish heritage.  I like it!
Anyway, thought I would share that.
Not really much else to tell about, except the cat.  I must admit he kind of scares me.  I haven't ever had a cat I was really afraid of.  He is a sweet animal...until he starts using his claws.  They are quite long and sharp.  I may have to trim them, which probably wouldn't last long.  The other alternative is to use those nail caps, which are a little weird.  And I'm not sure I could persuade him to hold still long enough to put them on anyway.  He is very friendly, but just too aggressive.  I am trying to be firm with him so that he learns what is OK, and what is not.  It's kind of like getting a foster child:)
Well, I guess I will head on back to bed.  Have a lovely morning!  I am probably fast asleep as you are reading this....at least I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

What a fun post in the middle of the night. I di like the Scottish outfit.
We had to have one of our cats declawed and it was wonderful.
I do hope you got some sleep.
Blessings!