Sunday, April 28, 2013

Good Sabbath

Good evening!  It has been a nice Sabbath.  We had choir practice today for the first time in a couple of months.  We have had so many conferences that we just took a six week hiatus.  But today I couldn't put it off any longer, and besides I missed it.  We sang As I Have Loved You, with the extra verses...Thanks LeAnn.  The choir loved it.  I will have to find some special way to arrange the music so that it gives emphasis to the words.  The other song we practiced is the one I love from Rutter,  Look at the World.  I have watched the video so many times, that as we sang it, I could see the pictures in my mind.  Here is the link in case you've missed it somehow.  Look at the World  I'm listening to it as I write this.  Perhaps I am slightly addicted.  I think sometimes that maybe I have a slight case of OCD.  Sigh!
I am feeling very good about my seminar class for tomorrow...very prepared and ready for anything.  However I am feeling just the opposite for my art history classes.  I am really behind in the reading, and the research papers have not written themselves yet.  They are both due on the 6th, so I may have to take them with me to Women's Conference.  I will work hard on them all day Tuesday and see how far I can get.  I am so tempted to start today, but I need a break, and I don't want to break the Sabbath just for a good grade...not worth it!
In church today the speakers talked about how to raise children.  It always surprises me that they call on parents that are in the middle of it still.  It would make more sense to hear from someone who did it well  already.  It probably is good to research this though when you are in the middle of it.  Still I think I would like to hear from someone twenty or so years on down the road who could give it all some perspective.  Maybe someone like my dad who has the benefits of age and wisdom.  I still feel like I am in the middle of it, even though they don't live at home anymore.
I really enjoyed Relief Society.  We talked about President Monson's talk about loving people the way that Heavenly Father does.  Not an easy task, but it is certainly a better way of seeing people.  I kind of feel blessed in that for some reason I often see people as children...even the grown up and old ones.  I don't know why, but I noticed it way back when I was first raising kids.  I was in a parent co-op class and I looked around and all of the parents seemed like kids...inexperienced and worried at their skills as parents.  I think it has been a good thing, as I kind of see people in a more vulnerable way.  This is hard to explain, because as I write it down it sounds a bit ridiculous.  But maybe it is why I can go back to school...I still feel like one of the kids:)
Well, I am getting nonsensical, and I don't mean to.  I think I am a bit tired.  I hope that I can get this sleep thing figured out before too many years go by.  I hope life is happy and good in cyberspace today!  Take care and remember all the good stuff!  I am sure grateful for everything today.  I like Sundays!  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGE!!!!!!!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I loved your post. Thank you for sharing the extra words to Love One Another. If you do arrange it a little let me have a copy.
I think you will be blessed for not doing the homework on Sunday, sometimes that is so hard. I a sure you are going to ace it all. I do think we have more life wisdom after we are in the grandmother stage. However, I am finding that married adult children are harder to raise. I almost wish I was back with smaller children.
I am reading Pres. Monson's autobiography; it is so awesome. A true prophet in every way.
Have fun at Woman's conference and tell us the messages you loved the most.
Blessings and enjoy your break.