Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I'm Baaack!

Good evening!  Looking at this title makes me laugh for the aaack that is in Back.  Yes, I am feeling a little bit giddy.  I just finished both, I repeat....both of my research rough drafts!  They are extremely sketchy, but done!  Yay!!!!! _!!  Drum roll and all of that.
And I have decided I can show off my little painting.  It isn't up to amazing levels, but it isn't as bad as I first thought.  It is acrylic...done in a layering, glazing, layering kind of a fashion...this time on watercolor paper, which is a whole lot easier than copper!!!  And I kind of like it...once you figure out what it is.   For those of you none-ocean-goers it is a Sunfish.  And a sunfish is a rather weird fish.  First of all it is flat and huge!  And if you go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium site they have a few pictures of the one they have in captivity.    Anyway, here is the photo I used and then the painting.
So I am done for today.  And it feels rather good.  It would feel better if I felt terrific about the work.  But that will come.  I have lots to learn!  I was feeling a little sad about that earlier today... you know that feeling like if I'd only done things differently!  If I had only taken art because I loved it, instead of Chemistry because I thought I could change the world somehow.  But then I thought about my life, and I don't really think taking art back then would have changed too much.  My whole goal back then was to have a family.  And I think that was the most important thing. I did try to paint back then.  I had a beautiful oil of a morning glory I had done...with crayon from one of my toddlers! I think it got tossed in one of our moves:(  I am glad for my family.  I would not trade those experiences even to become another Michelangelo!  So it is all good.  I just hope that Michelangelo gives lessons in the next life:)  And Minerva Teichert!!!  And Carravagio, and Degas, and on and on!!!!
Well, now that I am done I will start work on my power point presentation for Monday.....not!!!  I am going to make a cup of hot chocolate and watch Netflix!!!  :)  Have a lovely evening!  Oh, I almost forgot.  I went to see my dietician....and I did lose weight!  No, I won't blow away in the wind...even hurricane force winds...but I am a few pounds less than a couple of weeks ago!  So I am making progress.  Today she reassured me that diabetes is reversible.  I hope she's right, I doubt it, but I hope she's right!  At least I am eating healthier.  Take care and remember I'm pulling for you!  Melody

No comments: