Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Almost There!

Good evening!   I am at the end of my day and I have almost memorized all of my cards.  The one that is giving me particular fits is this one...  Yes, it is beautiful, but those Italian names are ridiculous!  Still she is a woman painter.  I should be proud of her!  Instead I am trying to find some word association to remember her by.  So far I have...burn yard in a campy painting son of his Ba-anguished soula.  Ha!  It doesn't quite do it for me.  I'll keep working on it.
Sofonisba Anguissola, Bernardino Campi Painting Sofonisba Anguissola
I am also working on an essay that compares Michelangelo and Raphael.  I am using the Sistene Ceiling and the Stanza della Segnatura.  They are both gorgeous.  Here is a picture of each.  First two are the Sistine ceiling by Michelangelo.
The whole ceiling at the Sistene

Detail of Adam and God

The second two are the ceiling in the Stanza della Segnatura, and also The School of Athens by Raphael.  I guess this room was used by the pope to sign important documents.  Anyway, I am learning a lot as I try to cram all of this in my head.  I have watched quite a bit on Smarthistory on youtube.  Also Columbia University has a lot on there and one other that I forget the name.  I think I will get this done, at least I hope so.  I am enjoying it.  I like learning and this is so interesting!  And now I know where to look for interesting shows about art history!
Well, just thought I would check in.  I have miles to go before I sleep!  Take care and keep a smile on.  I'm still pulling for you!!!  Melody
Ceiling representing Philosophy, Poetry, Justice and Theology
School of Athens continuing the theme of philosophy

No comments: