Friday, May 31, 2013

Art School (Illustrations to Follow:)

Good morning!  I went to my blogger dashboard just now.  How appropriate is that name?  I always feel like I am dashing...even when I am not.  It must have to do with the culture all around us.  Things have to be done quickly!  I really fight that!  I feel like things need to be done well.  And so that does not always allow for quick.  Although I do like things that can be done well...quickly! :)
This morning I am gearing up for the first ever Weyerman art school...out here on the Weyerman (2 acre) ranch.  So far I have had two daughters flake out on me.  Kim's kids are in school still.  Today is their last day, so they will come next week.  And Liz decided it was more important to work on unpacking boxes today while Adrian is home to help her.  So that leaves my daughter Julie, my sister Joy and my friend, Jodell.  Julie is bringing 7 students (my grandchildren), Joy is bringing her granddaughter, and Jodell is bringing a few of her grandchildren...I'm not sure how many.  It is probably good that we are starting out with only a small number.  Next week will be twice as many, because everyone that was supposed to come today will come, plus Amy and her four.  So this is kind of like a dress rehearsal.  I hope we have fun!  And that I can enjoy it too.  I am pretty sure the kids will have a good time.  They just like getting together.
After our school is out, we will be headed for Twin Falls.  My granddaughter, Madeline, will be graduating from high school this evening.  She is a sweet girl.  She is planning on attending the LDS business college in SLC in the fall.
Well, I wish I had something more interesting to write about today.  Maybe the sign downtown?  Here goes...."Nose - the scenter of your face."  It deserves a small chuckle.  I have been watching a series on Netflix that I am kind of enjoying because it makes me laugh...Arrested Development.  I have watched the first 6 episodes.   But last night I decided it wasn't all that funny anymore....and was descending to crude.  I hate when that happens!  So I searched around netflix for something else...and found a Red Skelton show.  But I only watched that for about 20 minutes before I was bored.  OK, right here I should have gotten out a good book, but instead I watched Midsommer Murders on the pbs station.  I am not sure why I love a good murder mystery.  Maybe it is the puzzle aspect of it.
I had better get going.  I hope that things are wonderful and inspired out in cyberspace today.  Take care and remember I am pulling for you!  And HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!  Melody

No comments: