Friday, May 17, 2013

Avoidance!!!!

Good morning!  I am writing to cheer myself this morning.  I think it hit!  The big wave of whooooosh!  It happens when I have been so stressed and busy, and then all of a sudden I am not.  I am not depressed exactly...but I don't have motivation to do anything!  I just want to veg for a while.  Yesterday I spent the afternoon reading and eating and napping, while all around me the dusting and cleaning were shouting at me, "You have company coming next week!!!!"  I managed to ignore the voices, but today I think I will have to start in on my rather late spring cleaning.  So Flylady, here I come!  If you don't know what flylady is, then I am so sorry:)  It is actually a pretty good site for getting your housework organized. ( Link  in case you are interested)  And it is even a little bit motivational!  But not as motivational as knowing my visiting teachers will be here in an hour and a half, and I'd better at least clean the kitchen and the great room....oh and the porch.  We had a big windstorm that blew in about a foot of dirt into the welcome mat a few days ago:)
So my to do list today includes returning a textbook to Amazon that I rented this semester, returning books to the library, and going to the store for food.  Maybe I can put off some of the cleaning:)  Well, I can tell that I really have nothing too meaningful to share today.  Maybe that is a good thing.  Take care out there in cyberspace today!  I am still pulling for you!!!!!  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I can relate to feeling kind of unmotivated when I have completed a project.
Remember if you get a visit without a lot of warning. Put your vacuum out and tell them you are getting ready to vacuum. Then of course, after they leave you will need to do the work.
blessings!