Monday, May 20, 2013

Counting My Blessings!

Good morning!    It is the 20th of May, and thirty years ago on this day, our sweet six year old son, Tommy, passed on to the next life.
Tommy showing his muscles at 4 yrs. old
I miss him every day, but this day and his birthday seem a little harder.  So it is a good day to remember...

















That the Savior came to bring life, eternal life.






















That I have 6 wonderful children that are still here.
That I have 31 amazing grand children that all seem to love me more than I deserve.
This isn't all, but it's hard to get them all together!
That I have a loyal, sweet companion who supports me in every way.
That my father is still here at 90 years old.
That I have siblings and extended family that love me and are close in spirit if not in distance!
A few of them from my dad's 90th















That I have true and loyal friends!
Ha, ha!  Max is a true friend!  But there are many more of the human
kind:)  Just had to make a joke, it was getting too serious!
And that I can still think and remember all of the blessings that I have been given.
In choir we have been practicing this song by John Rutter.  I have left a link on here before, but that link has expired.  I wish now I had downloaded the video, because it was amazing.  But the words are amazing to think about how much we are blessed by the creation of this world.  Here they are: 
Look at the World by John Rutter 
Look at the world, everything all around us. Look at the world, and marvel every day! 
Look at the world, so many joys and wonders, so many miracles along our way. 
Praise to Thee, O Lord, for all creation. Give us thankful hearts that we may see,all the gifts we share, and every blessing. All things come of Thee. 
Look at the earth bringing forth fruit and flower. Look at the sky, the sunshine and the rain. Look at the hills, look at the trees and mountains, valley and flowing river, field and plain. 
Praise to Thee, O Lord, for all creation. Give us thankful hearts that we may see, all the gifts we share, and every blessing. All things come of Thee. 
Think of the spring, think of the warmth of summer, bringing the harvest before the winter’s cold. Everything grows, everything has a season, ‘til it is gathered to the Father’s fold. 
Praise to Thee, O Lord, for all creation. Give us thankful hearts that we may see, all the gifts we share, and every blessing. All things come of Thee. 
Every good gift, all that we need and cherish comes from the Lord in token of His love. We are his hands, stewards of all His bounty. His is the earth and His the heavens above. 
Praise to Thee, O Lord, for all creation. Give us thankful hearts that we may see, all the gifts we share, and every blessing. All things come of Thee. All things come of Thee!

Well, I have cheered myself up realizing all of the many blessings I do have.  Now I just need to keep laughing and smiling!  And doing housework:)  And painting.  I think I will start my summer program today.   I hope things are happy and well in cyberspace today!

4 comments:

The Moving Girl said...

I didn't realize when talking to you this morning that it was today. Sorry Mommy. We love and miss him too. I love you so much. I'm so excited to spend the day with you on Wed. Mwah!

singing/granny said...

Love you! Mom

Tom said...

Hi Sweetie
You deserve all of the love your family and dear friends bestow upon you. This I knnow because fathers know best.
Amd besides I love you too.

LeAnn said...

I know that the anniversary of your sweet one passing away is usually a hard day; but I can tell that you are looking at the blessings that have filled your life.
We have some things in common. I have 6 children and also 31 grandchildren. I loved all the pictures of your family. The picture of the dog is a good one too. These pets of ours become our children too.
Blessings and hugs!