Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dreaming about Doing

Hola! Today I am determined to make progress in some area of my life:)  I just have to narrow it down to something do able.  It seems that I have a lot of areas in which to progress.  Just to name a few...housework....I kind of get stuck there.  It seems there is always a lot of housework to get done.  And mostly because I have accumulated too much stuff.  So I am thinking I will begin to pare things down around here.  Only keep what is necessary, or at least attractive.  That makes me laugh a little.  I think I am a bit of a hoarder.  I can't ever seem to throw stuff away.  I might need it someday.  But I think I will have to get over that fast.  I did clean the pantry yesterday while Mel worked on his mold design.  It is great!  I can actually walk into the pantry!  And I can see that I have food that is usable.  I threw away a lot of outdated stuff.  It made me think I have to buy perishable things in smaller quantities.  I still tend to buy stuff like we are feeding nine people...instead of just the two of us.  I had a 25 pound bag of brown rice, which was at least two years old, probably more like three or four.  I also had lots of other foods that were way past their date, and at least a million plastic grocery bags!  I still have to dump some bottled fruit, but I ran out of steam yesterday.
So I suppose I will do a little housework, then I need to join the rec center so that I can start swimming every day.  It is a long ways into BSU, and so I don't get my exercise.  Walking is kind of out, I can do it, but then I hurt all night and don't sleep.  Riding my stationary bike is a possibility, but it is also hard on my knees.  Swimming is great, just not too convenient.  A friend at church was telling me they have a video for old people, where you just sit and do exercises.  I will have to look for that, but I hate to admit I need an old people's exercise video.
I should also go into the shop and help Mel with the books.  It is not my favorite thing to do, but it is a necessity it seems.  I think I might enjoy it if I knew what I was doing, but I always have to interrupt Mel in his work and ask all kinds of questions.  I am thinking a business class would be a good idea:)
Well, I do have plenty to keep me busy.  I also should spend an hour or two drawing today.  I always have the best intentions, but somehow I don't get it done.  And I have an idea I am kind of excited about developing for a painting.  So there's no good excuse!
I hope things are happy and well in cyberspace today.  And no, we haven't planted our orchard yet.  It seems more expensive than we have funds for this summer, so we may just plant pumpkins:)  Or let the weeds grow back.  They have a good start!  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!  Melody

2 comments:

The Moving Girl said...

I'm right there with you Mom. Too much to do and not enough motivation to do any of it. My house needs a good spring clean out. Maybe I'll get started today...maybe not. :)

LeAnn said...

You sound so much like me. My husband often goes through our pantry looking for outdated stuff. I hate it when he finds it. I to need to pare down a bit. I have so many files and etc. to go through. Be sure and schedule your art time. I always put the best off for some reason. I like to practice the piano and I can let it go easily.
Blessings!