Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Feelin' Good!

Good morning!  I am waiting for paint to dry on my sunfish.  I am finishing the water today and it is giving me fits.  But I can do this!  Patience is the key...especially between layers.  I have been painting a layer and then coming in here to make my flash cards for the finals next week.  I don't like painting in here very much.  It is too cramped feeling.  I like painting in the kitchen/great room area.  So I use the kitchen table and sit in the nook by the windows.  It is nice and bright and I can turn on the radio or even TV.  But I find TV a little more distracting.  This morning I have just been painting in silence.  Truthfully it has been kind of nice.  But I may turn on some noise to distract myself a little from the frustration of being a newbie.  Acrylics are so different!  And kind of fun.  I guess I like a challenge!  Certainly I do or I wouldn't be attempting this at all.  Some days I feel a little silly or crazy even attempting this.  And it doesn't help when a teacher says it takes 20 - 30 years to learn it well.  But I have to remember that Del Parsons said it could be done in a few years if you practice hard every day.  I think I like that idea much better.
Besides this painting I need to finish my essay for Seminar.  I am a little stuck on how to make it sound cohesive.  Part of me says, just do it.  The other part of me says, yeah, but do it right!  I think I will try the second suggestion.  It's funny, it makes me think of the angel/ devil on your shoulder thing.  But instead of an angel and a devil, it is me...lazy on one side, over-achiever on the other.  Neither one is probably the best to listen to.  I suppose I should reach a happy compromise and stay sane.
Well, I hope all is well in cyberspace today.  I will post the results of my fish later if I can make it successfully.  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I will look forward to seeing a picture of the fish. I usually need some kind of noise when I am doing a project; but I do enjoy silence sometime.
You continue to amaze me. I don't think I could do what you are doing.
Blessings on this final week.