Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Long Day's Journey into Night

Good evening!  Here it is....ta...dada...da!!!!!  The FISH!
Here...fishy, fishy, fishy!  
Ha, ha!  It is finally done....?  No, but it is gut enuff!  I really struggled with this little fishy.  So it will just have to do.  It kind of brings to mind that sketch by Ernie and Bert...or as my kids called them...Burney and Urt!  Remember?  They are in a fishing boat and Burt is complaining about how bad the fishing is, so Ernie says something like you're doing it all wrong!  Then he calls..."Here, fishy, fishy, fishy!"  And tons of fish jump into the boat.  It has got to be one of the best sketches on Sesame Street.  Of course, it's probably not on there anymore.  It is sad to me how much they have eliminated.  I used to love all of the wonderful songs and sketches on there.  It was fun to watch it with the kids.
Well, I am all set for tomorrow.  I finished my curatorial essay too.  It feels so good!  Now I just have to memorize flash cards...I think there are 85 total.  I don't know if my head can do this.  But I will give it the old college try!!!
And in the meantime, it is time for this old fisherwoman to hit the sack.  I hope things are wonderful and well in cyberspace this evening.  Take care, keep smiling, and Compromise!!!  Ha,ha!  I'm still pulling for you!  And laughing!  Not the maniacal kind...yet:)  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!  Melody

3 comments:

Brian said...

Great job! I saw that fish in person, and I think he looks better in your painting.

singing/granny said...

Ha! Thanks! I saw it too. It was kind of big! I was hoping to get the light right. I got a few more instructions on how to fix it better today in class. So next week I may attempt it one more time!

LeAnn said...

The fish picture is awesome. I really liked it. I can't imagine memorizing 85 cards for a test. My brain is fired. Have a great day tomorrow.
Blessings!