Thursday, May 23, 2013

Tender Mercies

Good evening!  Probably night would be more appropriate, but then it sounds like an exclamation:)  I just read of a tender mercy of a friend and thought how I have been shown many tender mercies also.  I should probably do better at recording them.  Just this evening, a friend from the ward called and asked if I had a particular piece of music that she needed for Young Women's.  She wanted me to look in my "music closet" at the church.  That made me chuckle.  There is no music closet.  There used to be, but it was all handed over to the stake a few years back.  Now I just have three boxes of music and a bunch of black binders.  I looked for her music in my boxes and couldn't find what she was looking for.  But then I spied, in the spare bedroom closet, a pile of music I had from when I was in Young Women's, I guess.  I looked through it, and at the very bottom was the piece she was looking for.  It was rather unusual I thought, and I felt like I had received special help.
Then last night, when the family was all here, one of my sweet daughters, who has struggled with her testimony for some time now, came to me and asked if I minded that she took a box I had kept for her for probably 8 years or so.  It is a box with her scriptures, patriarchal blessing, religious books, etc.  She had given them to me and said she never wanted them back, but I told her I would save them for her...just in case.  I am glad I did, and so super happy that she asked for them back.  I know that the Lord answers our prayers. Of course He cannot interfere with free agency, but I can see His hand in all things in my life.  And I know that He is concerned for me and my wonderful family.  He does love each of us, and like the story of President Uchtdorf of the little Forget Me Not, He never forgets us.
I am so grateful for that.  Especially now, when I am concerned for my children and grandchildren in this very troublesome time.  Like I said this morning...Life is constantly changing.  I am praying constantly for my family and friends and the world in general.  I know that prayers are heard.  And I figure we all need all the prayers we can get.  And here is a promise to all that I just read again this evening.  It is from the Book of Mormon, Mormon 9: 21
Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth.
So with that I will just say, Good night! Sweet dreams! And best wishes for your happiness.  I am keeping the faith!!!! Melody

No comments: