Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Cheer

Greetings!  It is starting to look a little Christmasy around here.  We have delayed putting up a tree, because frankly every square inch is being used to support life already.  But we gave in today to a small artificial tree, very basic, no flocking, no glass ornaments, practically child and animal proof.  Although, really there is no such thing:)  At any rate it feels good.  Julie also started Christmas baking today with caramels and chocolate Bavarian mints.  The smells are wonderful.
Julie and the tree

I have had a nice day.  And I also have something kind of fun to share today.  So let's see if I can tell it well.  Yesterday around dinner time, Mel and Julie and I and a few of the kids were sitting around the table, watching different versions of "What Does the Fox Say" on Mel's ipad.  Did you know there is even a medical one? (What does the spleen do?)  Anyway, we somehow got to talking about what you would have to major in to be a surgeon.  Mel said, "I guess some guy who majored in Zoology must have made this crazy video."  Julie said, "Sew/ology?  What is that?  Some kind of quilting class?"  Mel said, "No, Zzzzooooo/ ology."  I think I said that it was about the study of animals.  Julie's light came on..."Oh, I thought you said SEW/ology."  Mel said, "Well, maybe that might not be so bad for a surgeon to take some sewing classes...you know, suture one, suture two, suture three and purl!"  We all cracked up over that.  He has such an imagination!
Tonight we are going to a bishopric dinner.  It should be fun, and besides it will be yummy.  I think the menu is prime rib.  We have a few cattle ranchers in our ward....one of them being the new bishop:)  So beef is always what's for dinner!  I kind of like that.  I hope all is well and happy in cyberspace this evening.  Once again I must say that I sure like that school is over!  I am winding down....little by little. I hope life is good wherever it takes you!  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGN!!!  Melody

No comments: