Saturday, December 21, 2013

Saturday Evening Post

Good evening!  It has been a busy, though fun day.  We started out with French toast...made with Croissants.  Honestly, that is the best French toast ever!  Of course it is probably really high in all of the things you should avoid in a healthy diet.  We were joking at breakfast that we should make a cookbook titled, "What to eat to hasten your death!"  Ha, ha!  More of our sick humor I guess.  But we thought that "Death by chocolate" and "Heart attack on a plate" might be good chapter titles:)
So we went Christmas shopping and got most of it done...maybe all of it.  I am hoping so at any rate.  It is one of those things if you are not careful can put you into long term debt.  We don't do that anymore. We have a small budget and stick to it.  I suppose we are not the last of the big spenders!
Anyway, now it is close to dinner time and so I am cleaning up here in my studio.  It will take a while to dig out of the confusion I have made in here.  I wish so much that I had a flat file.  But I will have Mel order boxes that will fit my drawings.  It will be good to sort through the piles of drawings.  There is a lot to get rid of, and a few to frame.
I have been dreaming of the Bay area all day today as we have been driving through ice and snow.  I miss dry roads and balmy weather, and beaches!  I would love to go watch the ocean waves for a while.  They seem to calm my soul like nothing else.  I think I am planning a trip to the coast very soon:)  I guess I had better tell Mel:)  So I hope today has been a good day for you!  Have a pleasant evening.  I'm still pulling for you!!!  Melody
Depoe Bay

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

It does sound rather nice to be by the sea basking in some sun. I liked the title of the book and chapters. Yes, death by chocolate is me. I have been so bad on this.
Blessings!