Sunday, December 8, 2013

Warm Greetings from the frozen world of Idaho!

Good eveninng!  I am enjoying a lovely Sunday evening.  It is so nice to be warm, and to have the necessities of life.  When I came home from church today it was all the way up to 5 degrees.  I turned on the water to get water for the cats and nothing came out.  I wasn't sure why, so I went in the house and the water in there was just dribbling.  So I called Mel at church and asked him what to do.  He came home very quickly and figured out that the pipes were starting to freeze in the garage.  He put a heater on the pipes in the garage.  I couldn't get the garage door to close when I left for church, earlier, and Julie and Randy couldn't either, and I guess the cold air froze the water in the pipes in there.  Anyway, it was a close call.  I am glad for unfrozen pipes and I am so grateful none of them burst!
The church broadcast was especially nice I thought.  It put me in a very good mood.  I am so grateful for the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  And it is especially nice to remember the true meaning of Christmas in the midst of the hustle and pressure of the last couple of weeks before school ends.  I think it is easy to get so engulfed in all of the homework that I might lose sight of the important things in my life....like family and the gospel of Christ.  And although school is challenging and fun, it is not the most important thing.  So I will try to remember that.  Here's a link if you want to watch the broadcast.  lds.org
I am learning to trust in The Lord.  It is not always easy, but I am finding that when I do, things work out well.  The trick is to be patient and to trust.  Not to doubt.  Anyway, without going into a lot of detail, I feel like once more He has answered my prayers in so many ways.  And I am grateful.  So with that I will just say, "Good night!"  I hope life is good in cyberspace!  Keep your stick on the ice! Or your oar in the water....or whatever applies.  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVGN!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I am happy you had a sweet Sabbath day and that your pipes didn't burst. That would have been not good at all.
We had a quiet Sabbath also and I enjoyed the devotional.
Blessings!