Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Little Hope of Spring!

Good afternoon!  I have had a fun day so far.  I started out the day by sliding into town on the snow that fell during the night.  It was an adventure, but not too bad since I took the Explorer.  It makes me feel a little safer.  I was only a half an hour late for book club in Boise.  There were two people who arrived after I did, and they both live a lot closer.  I love book club.  It was worth the risky ride through the ice covered freeway.  The women are some of my best friends.  We have kind of a hard time sticking to just talking about the book.  We all want to know how everyone is surviving "the final phase"!  A friend asked how I was doing and I replied, "Fine, but I am on a blood thinner."  She said, "Oh well, we're all on something!" which is probably true.  The youngest in our group is 10 years younger than me, and the oldest is about 20 years older.  I asked her how she was liking her new apartment in assisted living.  She said she loved it.  I said,  "Well that is good to know.  I have to start looking towards the future."  She said, "Oh no!  Don't do that until you are living it.  Enjoy the time you are in now!"  I think she is right.  She is also the one who told me to leave "Mother's guilt" behind.  She said "It is so easy to feel guilty over your children's mistakes.  You have enough guilt of your own...let them worry about their mistakes and problems!"  It sounds good in theory!
We had lots of fun talking about everyone's children and grandchildren, the problems of the world, and the book too, of course.  The hostess today is also an artist.  It was fun to see her paintings and sculpture.  She is very excited that I have graduated, and loves to talk about teachers we both know.  She is a fun friend.
After book club I came home and took the medicine I had forgotten in my rush to leave this morning.  Then I went over to Jodell's for lunch and painting.  It was fun, though we are both very rusty with watercolors.  She wants to meet every Wednesday to paint, so we shall see.  It sounds fun, but it may not work with my school class.  That teacher gives tons of homework.  Here's my painting:)  Don't laugh!!!!!
I decided to paint a little hope of Spring.  I really need to practice my watercolor painting!  But it was fun to dive into for a couple of hours.
So now I am home and thinking I should probably help Julie fix pizza for dinner.  Or we could have leftovers.  That would be the smartest.  I hope all is well in cyberspace this almost evening!  Take care and have a good rest of today!!!!  Melody

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Oh my gosh, you pack a lot into your day. I used to belong to a book club; and you are making me think maybe I should do it again. I love to have fun meeting with a group like that.
It is true we need to give up our Mother's guilt. I am working on it.
I loved your water colored pictures; it does bring thoughts spring. Blessings!

singing/granny said...

You comments always bring me a smile! Thanks!!!