Friday, January 3, 2014

Birthdays

Hola! Today I spent doing normal things...laundry and dishes.  But then for a change, Julie and I planned a birthday party for Taylor.  He always gets kind of gipped because his birthday is so close to holidays, and everyone is kind of tired of parties and presents.  So we went to the dollar store and got lots of fun decorations, then on to Albertson's for a fancy cake.  We found this rather large hamburger, with fries and ketchup, for Taylor's birthday party.  It would be hard to tell it's a cake without the candles!  He loved it.  The fries are made from the edges of the cake, and the ketchup is frosting...as is the lettuce and mustard.  Mel complained that the mayo was too sweet:)  Had we substituted Miracle Whip for the Best Foods?  He always manages to make us laugh!  It turned out to be a pretty fun party.  I think Taylor enjoyed the attention, and the rest of us enjoyed the cake!  (And ice cream!)
Now things have settled down somewhat.  Taylor and family went home and the house is much quieter...well sort of.  There is always someone yelling in the four year old range.  Or just the usual noise of children...yelling to each other across the house....not "Good night, Jon-boy", more like "Look at what I can do!"  Or "That's mine!"  Or "Hey, give that back!"  Or the best of all...."I had it first!"  Some things don't change do they?  It makes me smile just a little, but more often I escape to the quiet of my studio where kids are NOT allowed....unless they are invited in.  I do that sometimes, but right now I am escaping to the quiet.  It is nice, when the men are watching football, and the kids are all kind of loud and demanding.  What do grandmas do that don't have a place to escape?  I guess my mom used to go upstairs to her bedroom.  I do that too, although it is on the main floor:)
Well, I hope your day has been wonder filled and full of fun.  Take care out there in cyberspace!  I am definitely still pulling for you.  We're all in this together!!!!!  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGN!!!  Melody






1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I love the cake; and it sounded like a fun party. I can say this much if I hadn't had a place to go and be by myself once n a while raising children i would not have made it through it all.
I do know what it is like have grandchildren living with you; they bring joy and then again they bring a lot of noise.
Blessings and hugs!18 842838