Saturday, January 4, 2014

Dolphins on my Mind

Good evening!  I am wondering what to write about.  This has been a kind of uneventful day.  I slept in!  That was probably the best part!  And I took a nap...the second best part:)  And in between I shopped at Costco, read my current book, and cooked lunch and dinner....and did dishes.  They aren't too bad.  I keep buying paper plates and bowls and cups to cut down on having to do so many.  I usually end up doing them all, so it is just me watching out for myself.  Mel helps with the pans if I ask.  So I have learned to ask:)
Julie and Randy are off at the temple.  So it is just Mel and I with the kids.  They are pretty cute when they are well fed.  I made homemade tomato soup, toasted cheese sandwiches and chocolate chip cookies, so they are all pretty happy now.  It is one of those simple meals that kids seem to enjoy.  Now it is my time.
I have been dreaming of the ocean today.  I think it has to do with seeing a video this morning of dolphins....hundreds of them.  It was really cool.  Here's a link to one of the videos...there are a few.  Dolphins  We saw a couple of dolphins one time when we were sitting on a beach near Santa Cruz.  I remember it was quite thrilling.  I always love seeing wild animals!  Did I mention I saw a coyote a few days ago?  It was just standing in a field down by the lake.  I always feel a little privileged to see animals in the wild.  I see quite a few living here next to a wilderness area.
I guess the other reason I have been thinking of the ocean is that I miss it.  I get sort of grounded when I  stand on the shore and watch the waves.  I am not sure why, but it is a really good feeling.  I think I need that again.  I am hoping we can take a trip to see my dad soon and swing by the coast when we do.  Then I will be good again for awhile.  I guess it has something to do with growing up so close to the ocean.  We went there very often when I was little.  I love the smell and the breeze and the sounds.  I have a picture on my computer wallpaper that I took when we were by the coast.  It is one of my favorites....not just because Mel is in it, but I like the fishing boat in the background on the left...and all of the subtle changes in color in the water.  It looks good in a larger size:)
Tomorrow I get to teach the 5 year olds in primary.  I guess the teacher is sick.  Mel said he would come in with me, so it shouldn't be too hard.
Well, I am hoping things are lovely in cyberspace this evening.  I think I get to watch a muppet movie now:)  Take care!  I'm still pulling for you!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I love the comfort foods you fed the children. They are a t least mine. I would have loved this meal.
I too love the ocean; but I still think the mountains and lakes fulfill me the most.
I think you should do a painting of the picture you posted; it would be a good one.
Blessings and hugs!