Monday, January 20, 2014

Good in the World

Good morning!  It is another day of foggy inversion here.  Up here on our hill it is not too bad, but when you go into town it is pretty dense.  It is my last day of no school. My class starts tomorrow.  I am kind of excited, kind of not.  But it is only one class so I should be able to do this.
Yesterday was a good day...but busy!  Mel's talk went well.  He really does know how to speak.  And his talk was quite an emotional one, using quotes from the general authorities about our family members who have strayed and the hope and comfort promised to parents of wayward children.  At one point I noticed all of the bishopric pulling out their handkerchiefs and wiping their eyes:)
My presentation went OK for Sunday School.  I did bring the real painting after all.  It made me very nervous...I shook most of the class before and after I had to share.  But my family says I made sense.  I wasn't sure I had because I was so nervous!  Liz and Taylor and little Alex came to our ward yesterday, along with Julie's family, so we had quite a good showing of family.
The rest of the day was choir and then dinner and visiting.  I felt very good but very tired by the end of the day.  How very blessed I feel to have family and friends so dear!
Today is my day for laundry.  With so many bodies in our house right now, it is hard to get near the washing machine!  The other machine that gets a lot of use is the dishwasher!!!!  How very grateful I am for modern machinery that makes my work so easy.  I grew up hearing tales of the olden days, when my grandma and her sisters used to wash and iron sheets for the hotel that their family owned.  It must have been quite a lot of work!
Well, I hope all is happy and well in cyberspace today.  Take care and remember I am still pulling for you!  HAVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!  Melody

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful but very busy Sabbath Day. I am glad your husbands talk and your part in SS went well. I am really happy you took your painting; it was a beautiful one.
I admire that you are back taking a class. You are amazing.
I am so grateful for a washing machine, dryer and dishwasher. I am not sure I could have lived in the 1800's or early 1900's. It makes me tired just thinking of how hard life was then.
Blessings!

singing/granny said...

Me too!