Monday, January 6, 2014

Just an Ordinary Day

Hola!  I hope all is well.  I have had a pretty good day so far.  Can you guess what I am doing?  Laundry....and dishes too of course.  I had planned to do a deep clean of one room today, but I just couldn't stick with it.  I am still fighting a headache.  I am not sure if it is sinus related or a side effect of medication.  I suspect the latter, but I am hoping the former.  It is better this evening.  But it made it hard to concentrate on much.  I did read for a while, but that made it worse.  I am in a good book...."The Lacuna" by Barbara Kingsolver.  She is one of my favorite authors.  And it is fun to finally feel like I have time for books again.  I should be reading a book for book club...it is Wednesday.  So I will probably order that for my Kindle if it is on kindle books.  At least I could skim through it.
I met Mel for lunch and took him a sandwich so we could go sit at the park.  It is fun to watch the ducks there.  It is so cold, and yet they seem fine in the water swimming around.  I told Mel that it is a fine feat of engineering that could design a body so light that it can fly, yet have enough insulation to survive our cold days and nights.  How anyone could believe that this amazing earth came from some loud bang eons ago is beyond me.  There is certainly a designer!
I have been thinking today how I need to get into a better exercise program.  I enjoy swimming, so I am thinking of rejoining the rec center here in town and going there a few times a week.  Kim said she would go with me....and Joy said the same.  It is just getting started I think.  I will look into what classes are offered.  Maybe I would stick with it if I felt a commitment of some kind.
I am also beginning to look forward to my painting class coming up in a couple of weeks.  I am hoping I can learn enough to become more skilled with oils.  I really am not very good at mixing colors, so I hope I can learn to do that better.  And also I would like to learn to be a little more daring with changing colors.  I am kind of afraid of making mistakes.  One of my teachers said I just needed to make some big mistakes:)  He is probably right, although I have certainly already done that!
Tonight is FHE, or family home evening.  I am thinking of taking Mel and having our own away from home:)  If he isn't too tired.  He gets kind of worn out on Mondays, because he plays basketball in the morning rather early.  I think they start at 5:30.  He has been doing this for years, but he says it is much harder now that he is older.  I am kind of amazed he can still play.
Well, I hope all is well in cyberspace.  Things seem pretty good here.  Take care and HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGFHE!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I do find nature has so much to teach us. I certainly don't know how anyone could think there isn't a God.
I will look forward to more of your artwork.
I like that you are having enough time to read a book. I haven't accomplished the task of getting into a good novel for the year yet. I hope to be more organized soon; but that in it's self is a big project.
Blessings!