Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Screaming!

Good morning!  I am glad it is daylight!  I had a weird night last night...I woke up screaming...very loud.
The scream from Psycho :)
 I scared myself and Mel....and Jacob and Josie and Julie and Randy!  I guess they all heard me screaming.  I hate to admit it, but it's not the first time I have woken up screaming.  This time I think I was dreaming that I was being kidnapped.  I could see this man's face even after I woke up.  It was so scary...and so embarrassing!  I hate realizing I have shared my dream with the whole household!  Oh well.  I suppose it is just one of those idiosyncratic things about me.  Mel says it is always surprising to him.  And he is never quite sure what to do.  Until I am fully awake I usually think he is part of the dream.  Usually I dream nightmares about spiders, and I don't scream so loud.  In this dream I remember thinking that I needed to scream as loud as I could so that someone would hear me.  It worked!  And this morning my throat is still sore:)  Kind of funny now that the sun is up.
So speaking of scary things...Kim is doing much better since her MRI came back normal.  They couldn't see anything that might be causing her headaches and dizziness.  No extra vein!  So she is very relieved and I think that has helped a lot.  Her chiropractor said he might be able to help.  He is pretty smart.  He's the one who wanted her to get the MRI before he worked on her.  I hope she can get some relief from the dizzy head!
In other news, my class is wonderful!!!!  I have already learned a ton that I didn't know before....about gesso, and gloss and matte mediums, and oil paint transparency and opacity.  He talked about mixing colors and how different kinds of paint can make the value change, so if you are clueless (like me) you might change the value without realizing it.  I am sure that it will help to be aware of things like that.  Usually the first class of a semester is short...teacher hands out syllabus and you leave.  His class took the whole 2 1/2 hours.  He spent the whole class giving great instruction.  Like I have said before, he is a marvelous teacher.  I guess I have not really ever learned the basics of oil painting.  It has always been assumed that everyone already knew everything.  And some of the students do.  But most of us are pretty inexperienced, and we need to know:)
I am beginning to sound like a TV commercial, so it is time to get on with my day.  I am going to Glenn's Ferry today to visit Amy.  It should be fun.  I hope all is well in cyberspace today!!!  Take care and remember....:)  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGW!!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I am so happy that your daughters MRI came back normal.
It is awesome that your first class was so wonderful. Wow, I think you will have a great fun with this one.
Blessings for sure on this one!