Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Getting Late!

Good evening!  Mel has gone to shut off some machine he left running at the shop.  It's not carelessness, he left it running on pupose.  And although he has a couple of employees still at work over there, it is an EDM machine, and I guess he is the only one who knows how it works.  EDM stands for electrical discharge machine I think.  It creates an electric arc that cuts through the steel.  It is really precise and a great machine.  He used to run one at Micron.  He has to train his employees to run it too.  Anyway, I have a few moments to kill so I thought I would relate my adventures of today.
I went to class.  I wasn't the first one there!  Usually I am, but today another student got there first.  She was working on her color chart!  She is one of the better students in there.  I like her work a lot.  She was in one of my drawing classes.  She has a lot of talent, and more experience than me.  She is maybe twenty one or two.  I can get a little discouraged if I think about the age difference too much.  But it is OK.  I think I like being towards the end of things, rather than at the beginning.  I feel like I have learned so much.  And I think my perspective is very different.  
At any rate it wasn't long before most of the students were in class, and they started asking when the homework was due...was it today?  I was sure it wasn't.  Then the teacher walked in and they asked him, was it due today?  He said, "Yes!"  I think at that point I exclaimed,"Oh, no!"  And he said, "Well, next class is fine.  It is now due next class."  That was a relief.  I had it done, but I had left it home, as had a few others in the class.  
In class I received more instruction on my current painting.  More color!  I am being too timid....so I did add some cadmium red and yellow, lots of Prussion blue, and some horrible pink, that I wiped off.  It is hard for me to use color.  I am always afraid it is too much.  The people around me seem so brave, they all use color with abandon.  I don't know why I have such a difficult time.  I feel like I am being judged somehow.  Nobody ever says anything except how much they like things.  So I don't know why I feel like that, but I do.  At home I do better I think.  But mainly I think I need more practice.  It is still sort of scary to think I may make some horrible mistake.....I know how silly this sounds.  Sigh!!!!  I guess I am afraid of criticism still.
All in all I do feel like I had a good painting session.  Then I went swimming.  That was great.  I love swimming.  It is nice to feel weightless.  My knees don't hurt at all, and I can jump and turn and dance in the water like a ballerina.  I know Joy likes it too, and we have fun visiting.  I am always glad when it is over though.  I get worn out!  We usually do about forty minutes of laps.  Then we sit in the hot tub.  I feel like I am getting my exercise, and I think it keeps my mood elevated.
Well, I have certainly filled the page.  I hope your day has gone well.  Take care and sleep well!  I will do the same.  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVGN!!!!  Melody

No comments: