Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Grandmas to the Rescue!

Good morning!  I am off early today.  We have a granddaughter over in the hospital in Boise.  So I am going early to visit her with Mel.  Then we will eat the sack lunches I prepared and then I am off to class.  I hope I can calm down.  I always get so emotionally scattered when someone is not well.  But she should be fine.
I guess I am also a little bothered by the fact that my house will soon be empty.  One month left of fun and chaos.  I will really miss the noise...and especially the people.  But life is a constant change.  You don't know from one day to the next what new challenge will present itself.  And it is all good I suppose.  Some days it is easier to see the good.  Today I am struggling just a bit.
I am glad I can go and paint.  I really like this method of indirect painting we are learning.  It helps me to see value and temperature so much better.  It is like putting on paper what should be in my head as I paint.  It slows me down and helps me to see things more purposefully.  I guess I need to do that in real life too.  I suppose it would be like reading your scriptures and saying your prayers before you start in on your day.  I do pretty good with the prayer, but I often save scriptures until the end of the day.  I do listen on my way into town though, so that helps.  I especially like to listen to conference talks.
Well, I had better scoot.  I hope your day goes well.  Maybe this little incident will help.  As Julie was leaving for a song practice, Naia wanted some of Matthew's apple I had cut up for him.  Julie thought he could share and gave her one of his pieces...which started him crying.  Luckily I was putting cookies in the oven and the bowl still had a few good licks in it.  So I offered him a lick...and Naia followed suit.  And then they both marched happily off with Julie to the car.  Grandma's do have a few tricks up their sleeves...and in their mixing bowls!  HAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVGD!!!!  Melody

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I do hope your granddaughter is OK. I know how worried I have been when I have a grandchild in the hospital.
I do like what you are doing in art class.
I know how hard it is to have your children leave after they have lived with you a while. Of course, after a few days it is nice to have your home a bit more quiet.
Blessings!